How To: Maintain your Medi-Sink® Hand Washing Station
How do I maintain my Medi-Sink self-contained handwashing unit?
Operation and maintenance of your Medi-Sink is simple. The Medi-Sink comes with an easy to follow set-up and operating manual which outlines several basic steps in setting up and maintaining your unit. It has a simple, quick and effective inbuilt disinfection system that we recommend running a minimum of once a week. This should be scheduled with your daily or weekly cleaning regimes so that it is undertaken consistently.
What are the Daily/Weekly Cleaning requirements?
Daily Cleaning Procedure (or as required)
- Switch unit off
- Empty all fluids in appropriate waste outlet and flush (toilet or other sink)
- Flush out waste compartment with fresh soapy water
- Refill fresh water section
- Wipe all surfaces with cloth and mild detergent
- Switch unit on
The simple, 10 minute disinfection routine below has been designed in collaboration with infection control specialists. It should be scheduled into your cleaning schedules a minimum of once per week to maintain a potable water supply.
- Fill fresh water section.
- Add disinfection tablets (2 packs provided with every purchase) to create a solution of 500ppm (1 tablet per litre).
- Turn unit on and wait for the brief cold-water purge to complete.
- Press the red button located under the basin to activate cleaning cycle.
- After a 5 minute cold water cycle, dispose of all water.
- Repeat process using only fresh water to flush out system.
What if i want to put my unit into storage?
- Disconnect water tank.
- Press red button until remaining water is depleted.
- Empty container, rinse and dry.
When taken back out of storage undertake disinfection routine above.
Questions? Call us on 1300 537 300 (AUS) or +61 3 8353 7310 (International). Or contact us here.